Installing the latest iOS update in your iPhone can bring in new features, enhancements, and help you to fix several bugs. However, nowadays, issues like data loss after iOS updates have become common and most of iPhone users suffer from this issue.
Data loss not only occurs when your iPhone has some physical issues, but it may also occur for many other causes like after updating your device to iOS. If you have encountered iPhone data loss after installing iOS 16/15 update on it, don’t be upset!
There are many complaints regarding data loss after upgrading iOS in iPhone. This issue is very unfortunate and that’s why Apple recommends having a backup of your important data on regular basis.
If you are looking for solutions to recover lost iPhone data after iOS update, just keep reading this article.
Some Other Issues after Installing Latest iOS Update
Not only data loss even there are also other issues occur after iOS upgrading as given below:
- iPhone gets freeze during update installation on iPhone. (iPhone displays a black screen or stuck on the Apple logo).
- iPhone goes into recovery mode after the update. When your iPhone is in recovery mode, you cannot enter into its interface and even fail to access the songs, photos, texts, contacts, and other data from it.
- After updating the iPhone, it automatically became dead and all the stored data disappears.
Quick Methods to Recover Data after iOS Update
You can apply several methods when you experience data loss after updating to iOS 16/15/14.3/14/13/12.
If you have backed up the data on your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes, you can use it to recover lost data after the iOS update. Now, let’s check various methods for iPhone data recovery in detail:
Method 01: Restore lost iPhone Data from iTunes Backup
Whatever iPhone model you are using, having a data backup on regular basis can help you to restore important data when data loss occurs. It can help you to recover the data lost due to an iOS update or maybe because of some malfunction of your device.
If you have created a backup using iTunes, you can use it to restore your important data when required. Go through the following iPhone recovery steps to recover lost data after update with iTunes:
- Firstly, connect your iPhone to the computer on which you need to recover lost data using a USB cable.
- Then, you need to launch the iTunes app on your computer.
- Click on the Device icon under the device list when it appears in iTunes.
- Next, select Summary and click the “Restore Backup” option located under the Backups.
- Select the Backup, which you want to restore after upgrading your device to the latest iOS. Click the Restore button and wait until the restore process is completed.
After completing the above steps, you will get a pop-up indicating, "Restore in Progress” message along with the progress bar. Wait until the progress bar finishes successfully, after that restart your device and check whether all the lost data gets restore on your iPhone. If not, try next iPhone data recovery method.
Method 02: Recover Lost iPhone Data Using iCloud Backup
If you found that the iTunes backup fails to restore your lost data on your iPhone, you can recover iPhone data from iCloud backup. This method however resets your device and deletes all the data existing on it. It means every data item, including photos, videos and messages will delete after the iOS update. All you have to do is:
- Navigate to Settings > General > Reset, and select the “Erase all Contents and Settings” option.
- Now, choose the Erase Now option from the dialogue box that appears on the screen.
- From the "Set up your iPhone" window, tap the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option.
- Sign in to your Apple ID and select the backup files that you need to restore and hit the Restore button.
That’s it! It is very easy to restore backup files with iCloud. After successfully completing the above steps, all your missing data will restore back to your iPhone. If you found the process to restore via iCloud quite slow, you can use professional iPhone data recovery software to recover lost data from your iPhone.
Method 03: Use Third-Party Application to Recover Lost iPhone Data
If you don’t have any backup and need to recover lost data from your iPhone after iOS 16/15 update, you can use iPhone data recovery software. This is one of the quick solutions to restore lost iPhone data after an iOS update, especially when you don’t have the iPhone backup or you fail to restore data using iTunes or iCloud.
Among several iPhone data recovery software, we recommend you to use Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone tool. Many users found it as one of the best options to restore photos, videos, audio, text messages, etc., deleted after updating to iOS 13/ 14/ 15/ 16. You can even use this software to recover the hidden files in your iPhone or iPad after iOS update.
Steps to Recover Lost iPhone Data After iOS Update
Check out the following simple steps to recover your iPhone data after the iOS update using Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone software:
- Firstly, download and install the software on your Windows or Mac device.
- Connect the iPhone/iPad on which you need to recover data to your computer.
- Launch the software and from the main screen of the software, select the type of data that you need to recover. Click the Next button to continue.
- Now, click the Scan button after which the scanning process will get started.
- Once the scanning process gets finish, preview and select the data you need to recover. Click the Save button to save the selected files at the desired location.
The Bottom Line
The above-mentioned methods will help you to recover lost your iPhone’s data after an iOS update. Having a backup on iTunes or iCloud is very important.
Even if you don’t have any backup, you can use Stellar data recovery for iPhone software to recover the iPhone data without backup. This software supports almost all the latest versions of iOS, including 16, 15,14,13,12, and below.
It also allow you to preview the recovered iPhone data before saving them on your device. Must try this brilliant iPhone recovery software!